Tuesday 11 October 2011

For type specs & identities for each country. But Im going to mock one up based upon the one country, Africa. i have chosen Africa because I feel like it is the most progressed in terms of Identity. I will make a list of the lines and dots age breaks in the G2 and change them to fit the country, Africa and include it in the type spec.
Measuring up previous newspaper pull-outs I have been Collecting. I have also made a list of the contents which I could include such as:
Famous People
Places
To do
Risks
Deadly Creatures
Culture
Films
Food
Drink

I want this publication to be based upon the country itself rather than basing my contents just on the holiday resorts travel and things to do. The contents will be collected from sources found from Books and articles on the internet and will be referenced. I am designing an identity not the content driven brief.
Few ideas for the cover. These will be driven by colour and typography.
Africa - Influence, mark making, symbols - Keith Haring
Russia - Influence, Soviet Union typography. Ideas Russian Dolls, print methods taken from the soviet union posters.
Australia - Influence, Opera house Sydney - Shapes and colour used. Also looking at Aborigines, patterns and colours used. Also for Australia I want to publication to be upside down to refer to our cousins on the other side of the world.

I think that referring to the art & culture of each country becomes a visually appealing aspect of the country, rather than using Photographs of the country, It will get people to open the paper as it's content will be hidden inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment